School Nursing Service
We have a right to be healthy
Our School Nurse is Sian Richards
Contact Details (9 - 5, Monday to Friday)
The School Nursing Service aims to promote the health of the school-aged population and ensures help, advice and support is available to children, parents, guardians and carers.
When children enter reception class the care of your child is transferred from the Health Visitor to the School Nurse.
All schools have access to a named School Nurse. The School Nurse aims to inform, educate and support children and young people to make healthy lifestyle choices to enable them to become healthy adults.
The School Nursing Service is delivered by a team of School Nurses and other health professionals.
The School Nursing Service Includes:
- Health Questionnaires/Assessments on School Entry
- Height, Weight and Vision Screening (Reception)
- Fluenz vaccination (nasal spray) for all pupils
- Health Education/Promotion
- Sex and Relationship Education i.e. growing up, puberty and body changes (Year 5/6)
- Referrals to other agencies for example Optometrist, Dietician, Paediatrician
The School Nurse has a special role providing a link between school, home and the community and will respond to any concerns on an individual basis.
This is an important time in your child’s life. The School Nursing Service is available throughout your child’s time in school to discuss and address any concerns you may have.